TRAITS TO UTILIZE TO COSTUMING
Depicting 3 fundamental lifestyles: where she began from, regarding the path, and ultimate settlement means she’d carry several things from just exactly exactly what she knew, adjust to the street, and end up getting exactly what she could bring, find, or develop on the way.
Regarding the path, she might have:
- products exchanged with other emigrants
- things she makes (buttons from leather, knit/crochet)
- discovered products (souvenirs or things such as seeds or flowers for medicinal or use within dyes, etc.)
At tracks end she’d:
- sell or barter the wagon and oxen for horses (sheep, etc.) and products for building
- bought garden items and notions
- just exactly what she will make through the land until having sufficient to purchase or barter/sell (such as for instance lard for soaps, etc.)
Simply put, just just what she could have in the end, ended up being just about whatever she began with. When it comes to fashion that will suggest away from design, older materials notions, and things worn and ‘weary’. Remaking, rebuilding, patching, and including on as to the she brought will be more crucial than getting brand new.
FASHION SPECIFICS INTERPRETED
As illustrated in historic texts, pictures, portraits, & sketches…
DEPICTION TIPS: “Pioneer becomes Farm Wife”
A female begins being a spouse, mom, youngster, child at the true point of her beginning. She becomes a “pioneer” when she packs up everything in the world and travels across a vast land,. She is an “emigrant” when she arrives,. She is a “settler” when she sets down roots,.
These females had been most of these, plus include their career: farmer, logger, shopkeeper, seamstress, fisherwoman, while the complexities of females ever sold begin to pile upon their deep histories that can come from experiencing many countries in a time… that is short.
Design Concepts drawn from History (fashion in the time):